8.25" - Cm 28x22 - pp. 
Stated First Printing - Random House - 1967
Warhol with the assistance of Stephen Shore [and others] and particularly David
Paul. Several photos by Nat Finkelstein. Factory fotos by Billy Name. (Note: Legendary
editor Alan Rinzler, edited the book)Contains all 10 novelties: (See photos)
1. Popup Castle is fine.
2. Red accordion is fine - no noise
3. Bi-plane is fine.
4. The Chelsea Girls paper disk is fine (loose - not on a spring)
5. The geodesic dome “Dodecahedron” is fine and still attached. (the elusive elastic rubber band is still there and attached as well)
6. Lou reed 45 RPM flexi-disc including a Nico interview and music by the Velvet Underground is fine and still bound complete within its square (not removed)
7. The large fold-out Warhol photograph of a rainbow nose is fine.
8. Hunts tomato can is fine.
9. "FOR A BIG SURPRISE!!!" page - Complete - All 8 are present. These are sometimes called blotters or sponges – (Some say they symbolize acid use)
10. Interesting read all - The silver balloon has not degraded as usual but it is sticking the inside 1/3 of the spread together as usual. You can still view about 2/3 of the spread. It is interesting that the full balloon outline can be seen on the back of the page. What is also evident from the show through is that the balloon had a word on it. Since the balloon is usually degraded, we had never known that it had letters on it. The letters are -ZOUX (see photo).
None of the signatures are loose. The mylar reflective silver and black wraps (calibrated to produce an eye-popping three-dimensional holographic effect) have some minor scratches as usual – see photos. There is a small tape repair to one of the text page edges, see photo. On the balloon page you can see a bit of tearing around the actual balloon. Otherwise fine and in much better and complete condition than most copies.
our fascinating article on the History of Andy Warhol’s Index Book under our
website category, Movable Books History. It includes a photo of that